This page is packed with resources and tools to help you start an online business.
Here’s what you’ll find here:
- a step-by-step guide to set up a self-hosted WordPress website
- recommend tools you’ll need to manage the day to day operations of your blogging business
- how to get the word out that you’re open for business
- what to do to draw people to your website
- how to promote your work and prove yourself
What’s Your Plan?
Deciding what you want to do is a crucial first step. Yes, it’s a online business but do you have a plan to drive revenue?
Are you going to sell products, offer services, promote products (think affiliate marketing)?
These are types of questions you should be asking yourself. Having a clear plan will help you reach your goals and become a successful entrepreneur.
Register Your Business
Check with your state to see if you need to register your blogging business to be compliant with your state’s law.
If you’re in the U.S. this article on the SBA website will show you how to register your small business:
You’ll also want to get an Employer Identification number. You can determine if you’re eligible and to apply for one online here.
Self-Hosted WordPress Website Set Up Guide
This guide will walk you through the domain registration with Hostgator, how to install WordPress, install a theme, and go through WordPress settings. I’ll recommended plugins, how to set up a menu, categories, and pages and how to publish your first blog post.
Other Hosting providers I recommend are:
Get Premium Themes For Your Website Here:
Studio Mommy (highly recommended)
If you need help setting up your new website, check out our Website Set Up services page.
Tools To Manage Your Online Business
You’re going to need some tools to help you manage all the things you’ll need to do to keep your blogging business running smoothly.
Here is a list of tools I recommend you include in your must-have tools list. These are tools I have personally used or currently using.
To Manage Your Social Media Accounts:
To Create Stunning Graphics For Your Website:
Content Editorial Calendar:
Keep up with your blog posts with the Editorial Calendar plugin. This plugin lets you:
- See all of your posts and when they’ll be posted.
- Drag and drop to change post dates.
- Manage drafts with our new drafts drawer.
- Quick edit post titles, contents, and times.
- Publish posts or manage drafts.
- See the status of your posts.
- Manage posts from multiple authors.
Promote Your Online Business
Now it’s time to let the world know you’re open for business. Here are some ways to promote your new online business.
- Write an introduction blog post about your business and share it on social media
- Join Facebook Groups within your niche
- Start connecting with other bloggers. Follow and engage with them on social media and read, comment and share their content.
- Set up social media ads to promote your online business throughout the socialverse.
If you have questions or just need to chat, feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Our Mailing List
Don’t forget to join our mailing list to get our latest blog posts, special offers and other news to help you grow your business.
Get Access To The Digital Library
The library has helpful resources to grow a successful online business. Plus get weekly updates and special offers for bloggers.