Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links to monetize your blog. If you decide to sign up to Share-A-Sale, I’ll receive a small commish at no cost to you.
As a new blogger, you’ve been working hard writing awesome content, engaging with others and driving traffic. Your blogging business is
If you’ve survived your first year as a blogger, now it’s time to take it to the next level and monetize your blog.
That’s right, just like in the movie Jerry Maguire it’s time to “SHOW ME THE MONEY” baby!
One sure-fire way to monetize your blog is through affiliate marketing.
Tom Dupuis recently shared how to make money with affiliate marketing and how he went from $20K to $100K in one year. That would be a dream come true, right?
He shared a breakdown of how affiliate commissions are earned such as:
One Tier – when you get a commission when a sale is made from your affiliate link
Two Tier – when you get a commission for referring other affiliates
Climbing Tiers – an increase in commission as you make more sales
Recurring Commissions – think subscription services – you’ll get paid as long as people keep an active subscription
Sitewide Commission – when you get a commission regardless of what people buy on an affiliate’s website. Think Amazon.
Pay Per Lead – when you get a commish based on the number of leads you send to a business.
Cookies – an amount of time after people click your affiliate link, you’ll receive a commish if a sale is madeIf your goal in 2019 is to monetize your blog, read this! #affiliatemarketingClick To Tweet
How To Monetize Your Blog Through Affiliate Marketing
So how can you earn a commission? There are some ways to do this:
- Write a blog post about a particular product or service and share it across your social media channels.
- Promote a product or service in your newsletters
- Add a banner on your website
- Write a social media post with your affiliate link. And don’t forget to mention that it’s an affiliate link – the last thing you need is to get busted by the internet police.
- Set up a webinar of a particular product and present your affiliate link to attendees.
But before you any of these, you have to do your homework. Just placing an ad or writing about a product will not guarantee your visitors will click on your affiliate links.
To be a successful affiliate marketer, you have to…
- Research the product and determine if there is a demand for it.
- Know the product you’re promoting.
- Choose a handful of products to promote. One of the common mistakes a new affiliate marketer makes (like yours truly) is sign up to dozens of affiliate programs.
- Stay on top of your stats. Test out different promotional strategies. Measure the performance your campaigns – like is the banner ad at the footer of your page generating clicks.
- Choose the right merchant.
Share-A-Sale: THE Go-To Merchant To Monetize To Monetize Your Blog
There are tons of affiliate merchants you can join. But my go-to merchant is Share-A-Sale*.
They have products for bloggers in almost every niche. Fashion bloggers, foodie bloggers, lifestyle bloggers and parenting/mom bloggers will have no problem finding products to promote.
Even bloggers who blog about blogging can find products to promote. Here’s a list of just some of the products to promote:
- WP Ninjas
- Revive Social
- WP Tasty
- Monster Insights
I’m talkin’ tons of products here!
Share-A-Sale* also provides affiliates with tools to kick promotional strategies in high gear to help you monetize your blog.
Check this out…
Affiliates can upload videos of promoted product, create custom links to a page or create a page of the products you’re promoting. There is also a pay-per-call platform that allows you to run phone promotions online or offline.
Last but not least, you can also get paid for your content.
Wrapping It Up
So, are you ready to monetize your blog? Join shareasale.com*, earn cash – plain and simple!
Here’s to a kick-ass 2019!