If you look around on social media and the search the internet about blogging, you’ll come across tons of articles about starting a blogging business.
As a new blogger, you might be wondering how your hobby blog can become a successful business. Well I’m here to tell yah, it can be done. But it’s going to take some work on your part.
You see, the biggest misconception about it is that it’s easy. And that’s followed by how much money one can make and how soon you can make it.
A Blogging Business Podcast: Part One
Recently, I was a guest on Sue-Ann Bubacz podcast Mix Sizzle & Shake Your Business. We talked all things blogging and covered so much info (and had so much fun) that it had to be done in two parts!
Here’s a summary of what we discussed in the podcast:
- The biggest hurdles and misconceptions of starting a blogging business
- What the initial steps are before starting a blog
- Who should and shouldn’t start a blog
- What expenses a blogger should expect when getting started
- We also dive into blogging and whether it can be a business in itself or just one part of a business’ online presence
- How long it takes to make money and our personal recommendations to monetize a blog
- And then we close out the podcast with some advice for new bloggers for extra sizzle!
Take A Listen To Part One Here:
And stay tuned for part two of our discussion about blogging and how it can become a successful online business.
What are your thoughts about a blogging business? Tell me what you think in the comments section below.
And before I wrap up this blog post, I’d like to give a big should out to Sue-Ann. Thank you for having me as your guest!